There are 7 common mistakes entrepreneurs and small business owners make when they hire – but these are mistakes any leader can make.
What are these mistakes? Listen to learn now.
- [0:00] Introduction: Moving Past Conventional Wisdom
- [0:21] Mistake #1: Not Being Clear About What You Want
- [1:05] Mistake #2: Hiring Without Proper Evaluation
- [2:31] The Pitfalls of Hiring Too Quickly
- [3:13] Relying on Gut Instinct in Hiring Decisions
- [4:17] Setting Clear Expectations for Hired Employees
- [5:11] Avoiding Abdication of Responsibility when Delegating Tasks
- [6:43] Frustration arises when employees are controlled in every step.
- [7:14] Set clear expectations and outcomes instead of controlling everything.
- [7:54] Be cautious about expecting the same level of passion from employees.